Sunday, April 22, 2012

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We haven't posted anything for a long while, so thought I should at least get our blog updated. When I logged into our blog today I found out that it has a new layout. So I am going to post, but if it doesn't turn out well I know I will have to try again.

We went to Amsterdam way back in March for a long weekend with our co-worker. There is a direct flight to Amsterdam from Bosnia, so we were excited that we wouldn't have to have a layover in Vienna or Munich. Two weeks before our flight we got an email saying that our flight had been canceled. So our co-worker and I decided that since we would be getting a refund for our flight and our hotel that we reserved was non-refundable to save money, we booked another flight. This flight was no longer direct and we had a layover in Munich. Flying through Munich is alright with me because I can pick up a bag of gummies (Haribo).

So after arriving in Amsterdam we found our hotel by taking a taxi. Zack and I have found that taking a taxi to the hotle from the train is a time saver. After getting to the hotel we are able to not rely on a taxi and realize that I do a great job finding hotels that end up being closer than we think. Pat myself on the back for.

Our time in Amsterdam was great. We had good weather for almost the entire time. We atee great food and even found a Mexican resturant that served chips and salsa. That is one thing I miss not living in the states. We went to a few museums, Ann Frank House, Van Gogh museum, Rembrandt's house, Reich's Museum, floated in the canal or rode a boat through the canals. We had a great time. So, I am just going to post pictures and add captions since this trip was a few months ago.

Enjoy the pictures.


A lady buying cheese
Waiting for the canal bus

After fighting with this blog for the last twenty minutes trying to get pictures loaded and in the place I want them. I am giving up! Sorry this is a short blog and not many pictures, but it is all I am willing to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment